Quickly find an answer to your question.
Take the Lead is a learning journey on digital transformation organised by De Tijd & L’Echo and Vlerick Business School. It is a 100% online programme consisting of 12 weeks of online learning and 7 interactive online events. The complete learning journey is designed and delivered by Vlerick Business School. Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will be awarded the official Vlerick Business School certificate ‘Digital transformation leadership’.
Every professional, consultant or entrepreneur with at least 3 years of working experience in any business function (e.g. marketing, operations, ICT, financial management, strategy, …), across any business sector, and eager to learn more, share more, and have more impact, can apply. As the course will be offered in English, the participants are expected to have a proficient level of English.
It is a 100% online programme consisting of 6 modules. Every 2 weeks a new module starts. To make the learning highly interactive, online sessions are offered on a regular basis.
Live online sessions:
- Kick-off event: 9 February 2021
- Wrap up interactive sessions: 19 February, 5 March and 2 April 2021
- Live Q&A’s: 19 March and 16 April 2021
- Closing event: 30 April 2021
This 12-week programme consists of 6 modules. A new module begins every 2 weeks (starting from 9 February).
MODULE 0: INTRODUCTION TO THE PROGRAMME
- What is your online journey?
- Practical details of the programme
MODULE 1: DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION NEXT
- The context of digital transformation in a context of unexpected changes
- The 2 main pillars of digital transformation – resilience and agility
- How can digital technology accelerate digital transformation?
MODULE 2: RESPONDING TO THE CRISIS
- How can you mitigate risks?
- Importance of improvisation
- How can your organisation be stress-resistant?
MODULE 3: PLANNING FOR RESILIENCE
- How can you organise for resilience? How can you foresee the unexpected?
- What are the capabilities of a resilient digital leader?
- How can technology facilitate resilient leadership?
MODULE 4: AGILITY AND EXPLORATION
- What abilities does an agile leader need to explore and experiment?
- What exploration practices accelerate digital transformation?
MODULE 5: AGILITY AND EXPLOITATION
- How can technology boost agile leadership?
- What are the capabilities of an agile leader to exploit and scale?
- What exploitation practices accelerate digital transformation?
MODULE 6: CLOSING
- What is your digital leadership profile?
- How can you take the programme’s learnings further?
WHAT IS THE STRUCTURE OF THE MODULES?
Every module is built in the same way:
- Introduction of the module
- Expert insights and advice related to the topic (with business experts and Vlerick professors)
- Mini cases from practice
- Practice carrousel, including examples from practice that you can try out and implement in your own context
- Assignment to apply the new insights to your context
- Interactive online event (online session or Q&A)
In the 12 weeks of your online learning journey, a mix of different didactical formats will be used. There will be webinars, short videos, testimonials, readings, individual assignments and reflection, team assignments and other ways of interaction and knowledge sharing between participants. There will be a variety in read/listen/watch/test/do assignments.
Take the Lead will be entirely conducted in English. Participants are expected to have a proficient level of English.
The expected time investment in the online learning programme is 3-4 hours per week (including videos, readings, webinars and assignments). It’s designed to allow for self-paced learning during each of the 6 online modules. However, the programme has strict timings on module start and end dates to allow you to benefit maximally from peer feedback and group learning as you progress through the journey.
Yes. Always in mind of the impact on participants’ workplace, the programme is delivered 100% online, allowing you to fit Take the Lead into your busy schedule. Nevertheless, you should bear in mind that Take the Lead is an intensive course requiring at least 3 – 4 hours per week.
The content and assignments of the programme have been carefully selected and designed by Vlerick Business School professors, some of whom will be present during the live online events.
Joachim Van den Bergh, Senior Researcher in Digital Transformation from Vlerick Business School, is responsible for designing the learning platform and identifying overarching topics for individual and group assignments.
Stijn Viaene, Take the Lead programme director, will be available during 2 live online Q&A sessions.
Moreover, we have opted for a ‘learning buddy’ approach. Each participant will belong to a small peer group of 5-7 people, allowing them to discuss ideas and provide feedback to each another, and opening up new perspectives to regularly inspire and challenge each other throughout the learning journey
Certainly! This programme has been completely redesigned to tackle today’s business questions. The challenge of digital transformation is the same, but the business context is different. The key focus this time is on how to build organisational resilience and agility.
Part of the curriculum, the online interactive events are a great opportunity to interact with business experts and professors, and to connect with your fellow participants. We count on your attendance.
While all events are recorded to allow you to watch a replay, only actual presence at the event counts towards your certificate.
Thanks to our partner Barco, Take the Lead can be offered at a reduced price to a maximum number of participants. The registration fee for Take the Lead 2021 edition is 1.250 EUR incl. VAT (1033 excl. VAT). This includes:
- All learning content (6 modules)
- 7 highly interactive online events with business experts and Vlerick Business School professors
- 3-month digital subscription to De Tijd
Invoices are sent digitally to the email address communicated in the registration form.
It is not possible to use governmental vouchers (opleidingscheques, cheques-formation) or any forms of government subsidies (e.g. KMO portefeuille) to cover the cost of the course.
After completing at least 80% of the online modules and taking part in 80% of the online events, you will receive your official Vlerick Business School completion certificate ‘Take the Lead – Digital transformation leadership’